Our office exclusively uses digital radiography for all of our dental x-rays. The benefits of digital radiography include:
- Up to 90% less radiation exposure
- Clearer, enhance able images
- Quicker, 8 seconds to see the image
- Environmentally friendly, no processing solutions
- Easy storage, 1000’s of images on 1 DVD, or CD
- Easy transmission, x-rays can be sent via e-mail
- Less expensive than traditional film
- User friendly software
Basically, digital radiographs are generated by placing a tethered sensor into the patients mouth. Connected to a computer, the sensor reads the radiation and generates a readable image with a significantly less radiation dose. Extra-oral radiographs (panorex, cephalometric, and tomographs ) are also generated in a similar fashion, except the sensors are outside the mouth.
3 Dimensional CAT Scan (i-CAT)
On June 22, 2006 our office had a 3 dimensional CAT scan machine installed. This state of the art x-ray machine has the ability to provide concise detailed radiographs of the entire head. For more information about the i-CAT equipment view our office web page.